Best Online Video Poker Casinos
Best video poker tips and Tricks
We have summarized for you the basic tips one should have when playing video poker in general and we have also given some game examples where we provide particular video poker tips
- Never draw 5 cards if you have a Jack or better.
- Never break a straight to draw to a flush.
- Never hold a kicker when holding a pair.
- Never draw 4 cards if you can draw 3 to a royal flush.
- Never a flush even if you can draw one to a straight flush
- Always break a flush to draw to a royal flush.
- Limit yourself to playing just a couple of variations of video poker. Get to know these games inside out. Most popular and recommended would be Jacks or Better or deuces wild.
- Look for Jacks or Better machines that pay 9 coins for a full house and six coins for a flush.
- Make sure you understand the paytable for each game you play.
- Take your time. Your playing a machine, theres no time limit so just relax, take your time to make sure you make the correct decision.
JACKS OR BETTER (JACKS+)
- Best full-pay: 9 coins for full-house, 6 coins for a flush as designated under one coin line.
- Pay-out with optimum play: 99.5%
- 8/5 Jacks+ pay 8 coins for full-house and 5 coins for a flush: 5% less payout than 9/6's.
- Casinos hold 2% more money on VP's, because players do not play maximum coins.
- Ace is not the most important card, KQJ are: easier to make a Straight or Royal Flush.
- Don't keep a kicker with a high pair.
- Jacks+ recommended for novice players or limited bankrolls, especially nickel VP's.
BONUS & PROGRESSIVE VP'S
- Play 10/7 Bonus VP full-pay, 2 pair pays 2, best version.
- Don't play progressives unless jackpot is high and ready to hit.
- Look for 4/kind high secondary jackpots too.
- Progressives require a larger bankroll.
- Play 9/5 Deuces Wild VP full-pay: 9 coins for Straight Flush and 5 coins for 4/kind.
- Almost 20% of the time you will toss all five cards.